Delicious and easy to make stuffed sweet potato!
We love sweet potato! We use it for desserts, lunch and dinner, there are just so many options. It is really versatile and healthy so we use it very often in savory and sweet dishes. It is packed with vitamins, fibers and minerals.
You can use it as a side dish or make it a star of the meal, like we did. This recipe for super quick, delicious and healthy lunch or dinner doesn’t require a lot of work. It is one of our favourite recipes, especially when we are too busy to spend hours in kitchen. We like to take it on the go, since it’s really convenient to pack.
Tomato sauce with soya mince
This sauce is a great base for many different dishes. We like to eat it with pasta, use it in lasagna, or stuff vegetables with it (zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin, eggplant). You can also add different spices or vegetables (zucchini, sweet corn, chickpea, carrot) and you can have a whole new sauce with just a little adjustment.
These baked sweet potatoes are really soft and have the most amazing and juicy sauce in the middle. It is full of flavour and really delicious!
Stuffed sweet potato
- 4 small sweet potatoes (or 2 big)
- tahini sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 50 g soya mince
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- black pepper
- dry basil and oregano
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped onions.
- Cook onions for about 5 minutes and stir frequently.
- Add presoaked soya mince (soaked in hot water for a 5 minutes) and all of the spices (dry oregano, basil, salt and black pepper). Mix it all together.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cut few small sweet potatoes in half and bake them in the oven until they become soft (about 30 minutes on 180°C).
- Scoop out the middle of sweet potatoes (you can mix this into the filling or eat on its own).
- Fill them with sauce and bake them for another 10 to 15 minutes on 180°C.
- When they are baked you can drizzle them with tahini sauce for extra flavour.