Asparagus quiche is the perfect spring dish that will surely impress you with its wonderful look and taste.
We really love spring and can’t get enough of all the goodies that nature has to offer, from wild garlic, dandelion to delicious asparagus and more. We simply adore asparagus because it is delicious and also very healthy, as it contains a lot of vitamin K, folic acid and iron, lowers blood pressure and is low in calories, so it’s great idea to add it to your diet and create delicious dishes. You can make a lot of different dishes, we love asparagus soup, various sauces, risotto, roasted asparagus and of course asparagus quiche, which is a great idea on how to use asparagus, that is also very tasty and beautiful. Both, the filling as well as the dough are really easy to make. The crust is made with only 6 ingredients, and the filling has a bit more ingredients, but the preparation is quite simple, as all you have to do is blend all of the ingredients into a smooth cream.
The main ingredients of the juicy creamy filling are tofu and soya cream, which together with spices and fresh asparagus create an exceptional taste. Combined with delicious crust, they make a truly phenomenal dish. We and our family are absolutely thrilled with this delicious, juicy and creamy asparagus quiche, which will definitely be on our menu several times during the asparagus season, it is perfect for both lunch and dinner and it is delicious hot or cold.
Ingredients and preparation
Asparagus quiche is very easy and quick to prepare. You need 6 ingredients for the dough and a bit more for the filling, but it is still very easy to prepare.
- spelt flour
- semi-white flour – you can also use all-puropuse flour,
- turmeric – for the golden yellow colour of the crust,
- olive oil and
- soy cream for cooking,
- almond drink – for salty dishes it is best to use sugar-free almond drink,
- nutritional yeast,
- garlic powder,
- onion powder,
- dried parsley,
- corn starch,
- soy sauce and
For all quiche and pie lovers, we also have recipes for salty and sweet pies on the blog. Be sure to check out the recipe for:
- 200 g (1 1/2 cup) of spelt flour
- 200 g (1 1/2 cup) of semi-white flour or all-purpose flour
- a pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) water
- 200 g (3/4 cup) soya cream for cooking
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) almond drink
- 200 g (7 oz) tofu
- 20 g (1/4 cup) nutritional yeast
- 5 g (1 tbsp) garlic powder
- 5 g (1 tbsp) onion powder
- 4 g (1 tsp) salt
- 2 g (1 tsp) dried parsley
- 15 g (3 tbsp) corn starch
- 5 ml (1 tsp) soy sauce
- 120 g (4.3 oz) asparagus
- Put both types of flour, turmeric and salt in a bowl. Add the olive oil and water and mix and knead until you get a firm dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling, put all the ingredients (except asparagus) in a blender and blend into a smooth cream.
- Roll out the cooled dough into a circle and place in round dish and bake for
- 5 minutes at 200 ° C (400 °F).
- Then pour the filling over the dough, mix some asparagus into the filling and fold some over the top.
- Bake for another 30 minutes at 200 °C (400 °F).