Very simple and creamy savoury pumpkin pie with a bit crunchy crust.
Pumpkin season is the best time of the year! We have so many pumpkins that we keep making different kinds of food with them. And we never get bored, because they can be used for so many different sweet or savoury dishes. You can find some of our recipes with pumpkin here. This time we made a savoury dish and it is amazing, the taste and texture are just perfect.
We made this really simple and delicious pie. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and you can serve it hot or cold, whatever you prefer. If you are looking for a way to use pumpkins you should definitely give this recipe a try! For more amazing pumpkin recipes click here.
The filling is incredibly creamy, tasty and really healthy, it is loaded with veggies and is full of vitamins. We also made our own pie crust that is way better than store-bought and really easy to make. There’s nothing better than making a whole pie from scratch.
Savoury pumpkin pie
Ingredients for crust
- 200 g flour
- 40 g vegan margarine
- 65 g water
- pinch of salt
- 600 g pumpkin (raw)
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- some parsley
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 10 g corn starch
- 20 g rice cream
- Put pumpkin, chopped onion, leek and parsley in a pot and add water to cover the vegetables.
- Cook about 30 min or until vegetables become soft. Remove water and parsley and blend remaining vegetables.
- When it's all mixed add onion powder, corn starch, rice cream and mix it to get a nice cream.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the crust and let it rest in a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, put it in a pan and top with pumpkin cream.
- Bake on 200°C for 30 minutes.