Prekmurska gibanica is culinary specialty that will amaze you with it’s look and especially with all amazing flavours.
Prekmurska gibanica is a very traditional Slovenian dessert, that comes from a part of Slovenia called Prekmurje. It is a very interesting and unique dessert, full of flavor and has a perfect structure. It looks impressive with so many delicious layers! It is an explosion of taste, combining 4 amazing different fillings (which we veganized):
- lemon tofu cream (originally cottage cheese),
- walnut cream,
- apple filling.
We can’t even describe how amazing it tastes, you just have to try it to know! Each of the layers is really delicious on it’s own, but together they are a perfect combination that will leave you speechless.
The recipe might look really long, because there are so many different layers, but it is actually pretty easy to make and doesn’t take that much time to make it as all of the fillings are really simple and quick to make.
And we also prepared a video recipe to make it easier for you to follow the recipe and see exactly how to make this dessert. Below you can also find a written recipe.
- 250 g poppyseeds
- 190 ml hot rice milk
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 500 g tofu
- 150 g soy yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g walnut meal
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 130 ml hot rice milk
- 1 tbsp rum
- 900 g apples (measurement for the whole apples)
- 1/2 of a lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Phyllo dough
- coconut oil
- Pour poppyseeds withhot milk.
- Add coconut sugar and cinnamon, mix well and set aside.
- Crumble tofu into really small pieces, add all of the other ingredients and mix it well together.
- Pour hot rice milk over walnut meal and mix.
- Add coconut sugar and rum and mix it well together. Set aside.
- Grate apples, add lemon juice and cinnamon and mix it well together.
Put it together
- Cover pan with some coconut oil and put first layer of dough in it. Brush with coconut oil and cover it with one more layer of dough.
- On top of that spread half of poppyseed cream. Cover with one layer of dough.
- Spread half of tofu filling and cover with one layer of dough.
- Spread one half of walnut filling and cover with dough.
- Add half of apple filling and cover with dough.
- Repeat all of these 4 steps with the rest of the creams one more time .
- Cover everything with a layer of dough and brush with coconut oil.
- Bake it on 180°C for 60 minutes.
- Let it slightly cool down, cover with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
Odlicno! Zdaj lahko tudi vegani specemo naso gibanico. Lp
Hvala! Ja, vegani nismo nikjer prikrajšani:)