These cute bunnies are a delicious idea for Easter dessert.
This last week we are baking non stop and our whole house smells heavenly! We have freshly baked Easter desserts every day in our house and our family members can’t get enough of them. We also made these bunnies, that are a cute and delicious idea for Easter baking. If you have kids, incorporate them into making these cuties, it’s like playing with a play dough! I’m sure they will have fun time making them.
These bunnies also make a great gift. You can make baskets with the same dough as these bunnies and put some chocolate eggs, bunnies and other Easter treats inside. It is a delicious gift, that everybody will love. You can find recipe for baskets here.
These bunnies are very simple to make, just watch the video and you will see.
We love baking desserts with yeast dough, because they are really soft, fluffy and heavenly delicious. They are great as a dessert or breakfast with a cup of coffe or hot cocoa. You can make so many shapes with this dough and fill it with different kinds of filling. You can use carob, walnuts, coconut flour, poppy seeds, hazelnuts and many others.
You can find some of them here:
- Vegan walnut roll: delicious Slovenian easter treat
- Carob rolls: soft, fluffy and so delicious
- Braided sweet bread: with tofu and tarragon, which gives the bread refreshing touch
- 250 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 g dry yeast
- 15 g coconut sugar
- 5 g orange zest
- 150 ml rice milk
- 15 g coconut oil
- raisins (for eyes)
- powdered sugar (for sprinkle)
- Mix together flour, salt, dry yeast, coconut sugar and orange zest.
- Add rice milk and coconut oil and mix it together until you get a soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces (for 6 bunnies).
- Roll some dough into a rope.
- Roll dough into a spiral.
- Cut at the end to create legs.
- For the head make an oval shape.
- Cut in the middle and form ears.
- Add raisin for the eye.
- Take a little dough and make a ball. Add it to create a tail.
- Put them on a pan and bake for 15 minutes on 180°C.