Chestnut is ideal for preparing delicious desserts and in combination with chocolate it’s simply irresistible.
Healthy crust made with spelt flour and creamy chestnut – chocolate filling create the perfect autumn dessert. If you also love chestnut, but don’t have any ideas how to prepare it other than just cook or roast, we highly recommend you to try making desserts, for example this delicious pie. Chestnuts are an excellent ingredient for making desserts, as they are very creamy and also super healthy, because they contain a huge variety of vitamins and minerals.
Actually the whole dessert is quite healthy, because it contains a huge amount of chestnuts, 90% dark chocolate, spelt flour, vegetable milk, and very little coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup, which emphasizes the exceptional taste of chestnuts.
To make this extremely tempting pie, you need just a few basic ingredients, that you almost certainly have at home. But despite the fact that the preparation is very easy, the final product will surely convince you with an amazing taste and texture.
Healthy dough with spelt flour
This dough is quite healthy, especially compared to other recipes, as it contains spelt flour, very little fat and little coconut sugar. Usually pie recipes contain a huge amount of margarine, but for this dough you only need 15g of coconut oil and it is prepared with only 4 ingredients:
- spelt flour,
- coconut sugar,
- coconut oil and
Chestnut cream with melted dark chocolate is of course the best part of the pie! The filling is extremely smooth and creamy and has a very rich taste.
The filling is as well made with only 4 ingredients:
- chestnuts – boiled and peeled,
- dark chocolate,
- vegetable milk and
- maple syrup.
If you love chestnut desserts, you should definitely try out the chestnut mousse. We combined it with pumpkin cream and peach jam and created a wonderful and delicious dessert in a jar. If you like pies, we also have a collection of recipes for different types of pies, which you can find here.
To make it super simple to follow the recipe, we also made this quick video for you.
- 130 g spelt flour
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 15 g coconut oil
- 65 ml cold water
Chestnut - chocolate filling
- 250 g chestnut
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g maple syrup
- 100 ml almond milk or any other vegetable milk
- Mix spelt flour and coconut sugar.
- Then add coconut oil and mix well. Knead into a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Then roll it out thinly and put it in a round pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Then prepare the filling by mixing cooked chestnuts, vegetable milk and maple syrup in a blender. This mixture should not be too cold so that the chocolate does not harden too quickly when added, so it is best that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Then slowly stir in the melted chocolate and pour mixture over the pre-baked dough.
- Bake for another 15 minutes at 180 ° C.