Roasted stuffed peppers are a delicious and healthy dish that is great for lunch or dinner.
All lovers of simple and healthy dishes will be thrilled with this recipe, as it is really easy to prepare and also gluten-free. We love quick, easy and delicious recipes for light meals, which are especially suitable for summer days. Because we love peppers, especially red, as it is the most sweet and tasty and beautiful to look at, this time we filled it with buckwheat stuffing and baked it in the oven. They are great with baked potatoes or some other side dish.
Preparing roasted peppers is easier and faster than cooked stuffed peppers. Just prepare the stuffing, cut the paprika, fill it with the stuffing, put it in the oven, wait for it to bake and delicious and healthy lunch is ready! There are also a lot of different spices in the filling that emphasize and enrich the dish.
Ingredients and procedure
For these delicious baked peppers you need:
- pepper – we used red, which is the sweetest and tastiest,
- buckwheat porridge,
- sweet corn,
- vegan cheese and
- spices: paprika, garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano.
First, cook the buckwheat porridge (about 20 minutes). While it is cooking, you can peel the garlic and onion and put them together with the spices in a pan and cook for 10 minutes to soften. Then add the corn, ground walnuts and cooked buckwheat porridge and stir. Cut the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds, then fill them with the prepared buckwheat porridge filling and sprinkle with cheese. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes at 200 °C.
Vegan stuffed peppers
- 3 peppers
- 200 g buckwheat porridge
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 35 g of nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 50 ml of water
- 80 g of corn
- 50 g of vegan cheese
- First, prepare the filling: cook the buckwheat porridge according to the instructions (about 20 minutes to soften).
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop and place in a pan.
- Add all the spices and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes to soften, then add the corn and ground walnuts.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fill each half with the prepared filling, sprinkle with cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 200 ° C.